Turnkey Processing Solutions (TPS) has a newly created position for a Sales Engineer to both develop new customers and service existing customers in the Midwest (primarily WI, IL, MO). This role can work from a home office with strong geographic presence to the Midwest, or they can work from one of our locations in WI, IL, or MO.
TPS provides custom engineered bulk material handling systems (conveyors, bucket elevators, structures, and related equipment) to customers in the aggregate and mining industries. We offer a full range of solutions – from a single conveyor to complete green-field plant design, build, and installation.
- Visit with customers and prospects to find out what their challenges are, figure out if we can help, and then develop solutions in which both parties benefit.
- Develop trusted relationships with customers through ethical behavior, good people skills, and authentic concern about their needs and desires.
- Tour customer facilities and have detailed conversations to uncover problems and opportunities.
- Take these learnings back to the office and consult with engineering, estimating, and process experts to determine the best solutions. Take the lead to ensure proposals are high quality, correct, and responsive to customer’s needs.
- Understand job costing and ensure pricing is attractive to the customer while meeting margin targets.
- Present proposals to customers and negotiate pricing, terms, and other conditions to close sales.
- Generate leads through networking and industry contacts.
- Develop prospects from leads generated by non-technical business development personnel.
- Respond to RFQ’s from existing customers and prospects customers.
- At least five years outside sales experience in engineered products, preferably in the material handling or mining industries.
- Engineering degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the mining and bulk material handling industries, including conveyors, screens, structures and associated components.
- CAD experience to create sales drawings (typically simple layouts) as needed.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent sales and interpersonal skills; great listener.
- Organized and motivated self-starter; works well independently with minimal direction
- Cost estimating and cost-based pricing experience.
- Specific experience in conveyors with PT Wizard or Belt Analyst a plus.
This position can be based in a home office in the territory or at one of our facilities (Greater Nashville, Burlington, WI or Glasgow, MO)
Full benefits package with company car, health insurance, and 401k with matching.
TPS is a fast growing supplier of mining and bulk material handling systems to customers in a range of industries. Our success is based on two factors:
Customer focus: We focus like a laser on serving our customers – providing the most well-thought out and comprehensive solutions to their true issues. We want to help our customers succeed.
Company culture: Our culture is team oriented with a strong “no politics” policy. We address issues head-on and work towards common goals.